Monday, March 26, 2007

Mathter...The planth!


Now this looks cool. I don't know why...I think because it looks like it could be a bit like Nightmare Before Christmas (yes, I know Nightmare is stop-motion). I couldn't really find much about it...only this one picture, the website, the IMDB.com entry, and this page. It's due October 2008. Oh, and it'll feature Christian Slater, Steve Buscemi and John Cleese.

Seems there'll be a short film first, then a feature film. I really want this to be good. There's been so many mediocre (not to mention non-animated) animated movies lately, and it looks like there'll be a lot more to come. It feels like absolutely everybody is making an animated (or, increasingly, mocap) feature film at the moment. And that's good, I guess, although quality often is thrown out the window in favour of making it quickly and cheaply. Ah, the old Creative Triangle...Good, Fast, Cheap - pick two.

Anyway, the point is that among all these titles lined up for release, the sun catches the edge of this one in a certain way...
Maybe I'm speaking too soon. Maybe it won't be anything like Nightmare. Maybe I'll be horribly disappointed when it is released. Maybe this isn't the silver lining on the non-Pixar/DreamWorks cloud. Maybe I'll have to go and burn down their studio after seeing the trailer. We'll have to wait and see.

But I'm hoping....

No comments: