Monday, September 19, 2005

Shortfilm discontinued

Okay, I've been thinking about this, and I've decided to halt work on my shortfilm project for an indefinite period. My reasoning: I've been too ambitious and it's become too much work for one person. So I've started cutting down on the characters, and the remaining ones now all use the same rig, I've shortened the story, etc...but in the end I've had to make too many compromises just to get it done. As a result I've lost interest in working on something that will be but a shadow of what I originally intended it to be. Better to call off the whole thing now. I will be posting the few shots I did get done, though.

On the bright side, I have started on a new, much smaller project that I've been wanting to do. It's a cynical, lighthearted explanation of the animation progress for commercials, from conception to flighting. It'll be a new style for me, and most importantly: I can break it down into little bite-size episodes.

So: Old Shortfilm: Dead, New Shortfilm: 0, GTA: 4

No comments: