Thursday, February 15, 2007

TO DO: Finish typing this senten...

On my harddrive at home I have at the very least 9 project folders of about 40 gigs of unfinished personal projects. I used to think that I have a serious attention disorder, since I've only ever finished 3 personal shorts in my entire animation career (all of which have been in my first 2 years of working, and therefore not fit for viewing these days)

Yes, so sometimes I get interested in a project again, go back, animate a couple more scenes, lose interest, and back into the box it goes. And I have a faint guilty feeling afterwards for pretty much wasting 20 or so hours, but that feeling goes away soon after.

It seems Sean Hayden has the same problem:

"The most enjoyable part of an animation venture is creating the initial idea . I lose interest once I sit down to do it- ( when the hard work starts).

I say this because im currently trying to work on my own film, where inspiration comes and goes. I battle to stop beginning other projects but sometimes I need to just create something - get it out my system - and put it away on the shelf."

Keith Lango also knows how it feels:

"It seems that he, like many creative types, has a kind of weariness for the actual implementation of the cool ideas he cooks up. In his latest post he shares how he keeps that spark alive while not de-railing the current project– Make something new! Just don’t do anything with it for now."


"...like many creative types..." Whe-hey! I'm not alone! I'm not the only one!

No comments: